Thursday 16 August 2018

"I was forced to declare the election inconclusive" -Aladinma Alliance Electoral Chairman cries out, resigns from his position as the EC

Reporter: Duru Victor

Recall that the election of the students of Aladinma alliance held on Saturday the 11th of August, 2018 was declared inconclusive by the Electoral Chairman due to unforseen reasons. It has now been revealed that the election was declared inconclusive under duress.

In a chat with Infoscope Media, the former Electoral Chairman, HRH. Obi Emmanuel revealed that he was forced to declare the alliance election inconclusive. Stating that the security personnels employed to ensure the security of the conduct turned against him. In his words he continued that : "Their DPO (the security personnels) received a call from the state CID that there are reports of people threatening each other and I should cancel the election. They didn't even allow me the privilege to enquire the reasons for the cancellation. This is after the sorting of ballot papers".

Meanwhile, and in a related twist, the former EC tendered his resignation as the Chairman, Electoral committee of the Alliance election submitting that he cannot remain in a committee where he is been used.

Below is the full text of the resignation note:

I obi Emmanuel the recent Electoral committee chairman of ALADINMA STUDENTS ALLIANCE, IMO STATE UNIVERSITY OWERRI 
   I wish to use this medium to brief on all the students who in their own hearts participated on the Alliance Election held on Saturday 11th August which was declared inconclusive 
     Why I declared the Election inconclusive was that the police people I was working with then suddenly turned the whole of our efforts down by telling me that the state CID police division called the DPO, Orji police division that he heard some people were threntening some other people's life, which after the election was declared inconclusive by me the said I should follow them to police station for more clarifications which I did. 
    Up till this moment no evidence was shown to me concerning what brought to the cancellation of the election 
   I hereby notify the whole students residing at the alliance that I was forced to cancel that Election which I was not biased rather I taught it wise that all the stake holders at the alliance are highly corrupt.
    So in the view of this I therefore RESIGN henceforth as the electoral chairman 
  for me not to entangle myself with those police men and the alliance stake holders


HRH. Obi Emmanuel

SHARE THIS

0 comments: